VACANCY - Football Safety Stewards
Safe-Tay Security is actively recruiting Safety Stewards for various locations through Dundee and Angus.
We supply Stewards to perform safety duties on match days for both League and Cup Games at multiple grounds.
Job Description – Safety Steward
Areas of Work;
Role: Safety Steward / SIA Licenced Security
CRB check required: No, unless working in family area
Qualifications: NVQ 2 Spectator Safety (or working towards)
No previous experience or qualification required as ongoing training is provided.
Safety Stewards are not normally expected to be involved with searching or ejecting spectators.
Their role is one of customer care and they will be expected to call on a Supervisor who will instruct SIA Licenced Security for assistance in dealing with breaches of Ground Regulations, searching or ejecting.
General requirements of a Steward
- You should be fit, active and have the character and temperament to carry out the duties of a Steward.
- You should possess good communication skills and be of sound character.
- You must be able to attend most first-team home fixtures and other major events held at the stadium.
- You should be polite, courteous and helpful to all supporters.
- Whilst on duty you will adhere to the Club dress code and be clean and tidy.
- You are not engaged to watch the game, but are expected to concentrate on your area of responsibility.
- You will not wear team colours whilst on duty.
- You should not, whilst on duty, eat, drink or smoke in view of the public.
- You should not consume alcohol before or during a tour of duty.
- You should never celebrate the team scoring a goal.
- You should never show hostility or use obscene or offensive language to any supporters.
- You should never act in any way likely to bring discredit on the Club.
- Attend the Stadium at given dates and times as dictated by the Safety Officer/Deputy Safety Officer or Chief Steward.
- Attend the pre-event briefing and ensure all information is understood.
- Do not leave the Stadium after ‘signing in’ until the end of your duties.
- Undertake pre-match and post match stand checks.
- To be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area at all times.
- Carry out pre match and post match safety checks as instructed by Supervisor.
- To staff entrances, exits and other key safety points within the Stadium.
- Constantly monitor the spectators in your area checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with
- To control and direct spectators entering and leaving the Stadium and to assist in this movement.
- Ensure that gangways and exit/evacuation routes in your area are kept clear.
- Indentify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators reporting findings to a supervisor. Where appropriate complete the relevant Incident/Offence Report.
- Enforce and immediately report any breach of the Ground Regulations to Supervisor.
- Know the location of and be able to operate effectively the fire fighting equipment at the Stadium.
- Be able to provide basic First Aid if required.
- Know the location of the First Aid Rooms located within the Stadium.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such matters immediately to a Supervisor, Chief Steward, Deputy Safety Officer or Safety Officer.
- Promptly comply with any instruction given by a Supervisor, Chief Steward, Deputy Safety Officer, Safety Officer or Police Officer.
- Remain at allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by a Supervisor, Chief Steward, Deputy Safety Officer, Safety Officer or Police Officer.
- Report immediately to a Supervisor, Chief Steward, Deputy Safety Officer or Safety Officer any damage or defect which is likely to pose a threat or danger to spectator safety eg damaged seat or barrier.
- Assist as required in the evacuation of spectators etc from the Stadium.
- Comply with the relevant instructions and guidance contained in the Stewards Operational Handbook.
- To undertake specific duties in an emergency or as directed by the Safety Officer, Deputy Safety Officer or the appropriate emergency services officer.
- Attend all required training
Football Steward Dress Code:
- Black or white polo-shirt/shirt and tie, black trousers and black shoes/boots.
- You will be supplied with a hi-vis jacket or vest on the day.
If this dress code has not been adhered to, you may be turned away for work.
Experience is preferred but not essential as ongoing training will be provided.
How to apply:
Applicants must be:
- Over the age of 18
- Front-Line SIA Badge desired but not required
- No experience required as ongoing training will be provided and guidance given by Supervisors
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy, please download or complete the application form.
Please also download and complete the New Starter Form V1.0 and attach this to your email.
This document is required by HMRC for Payroll.
If you have any questions regarding the above vacancy, or would like to receive an application, we welcome you to contact our Match Day Team on 01382 322 330 or 07595711396.
Alternatively, we welcome you to contact us through our Contact Us section, which you can do here.